UNION STATION ATTRACTIONS, SERVICES AND PARKING REMAIN EASILY ACCESSIBLE DURING AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR PRODUCTION
Please note that Union Station is not coordinating media inquiries or interviews regarding the taping Monday, April 24th and Tuesday, April 25th of American Ninja Warrior. All media should contact Leslie Schwartz at NBC Universal at (818) 777-3233. Other questions may be directed to Toni Alexander at Visit KC (816) 691-3848 or TAlexander@visitkc.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 18, 2017
Union Station Media Contact: Michael Tritt
(816) 460-2278 (office); firstname.lastname@example.org
UNION STATION ATTRACTIONS, SERVICES AND
PARKING REMAIN EASILY ACCESSIBLE DURING
AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR PRODUCTION
Street closure and parking modifications currently in effect through April 27
KANSAS CITY, MO - As Union Station welcomes back NBC’s heart-racing competition series, American Ninja Warrior, accommodations have been made to ensure attractions, services and parking remain easily accessible.
Course setup, filming and tear down will take place in front of the Station through Thursday, April 27 in the South Plaza Parking Lot. During that time, Union Station is asking guests to note the following reroutes:
- Pershing Rd. between Main St. and Kessler St. will remain closed through Thursday, April 27. Detour signs have been placed to help direct patrons around the Station and into open parking.
- The South Plaza Parking Lot, located directly in front of the Station, will remain closed through Thursday, April 27. This includes access to the Station via the front west doors. The front east doors will be open (closest to the Streetcar), but only accessible from the sidewalk leading to and from Main St.
- The Triangle Parking Lot, located in front of and to the west of the Station, will be closed periodically through the production with limited capacity.
- Post Office patrons can access short-term parking outside of West Yards Garage located directly behind the Station with access through lower west entrance by the Station Box Office.
- Amtrak patrons should plan for pick-up and drop-off via the east side (Main Str.) or lower level west entrance, closest to the Station Box Office. Directional signage and parking attendant are on-site to help guide you.
- Taxi pick-up and drop-off is available at the lower level west entrance.
- Parking in the West Yards Garage for all Union Station patrons is strongly recommended and can be accessed via Pershing Rd. and the Broadway ramp located at the west end of the Station campus. West Yards Bridge access via the Station Carriage Pavilion is closed through Wednesday, April 26 at 6 a.m.
Overnight camping and/or occupied parking is not allowed on any Union Station property, including all garage facilities.
All parking will return to regular configurations on Friday, April 28.
Members of the public wishing to attend one of the tapings, which will take place Monday, April 24 and Tuesday, April 25, may request free tickets by visiting http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/american_ninja_warrior.
About Union Station Kansas City, Inc.
Union Station Kansas City -- a 501(c)3 non-profit organization -- is a 100-year-old historical landmark and celebrated civic asset renovated and reopened to the public in 1999. The organization -- dedicated to science education, celebration of community and preservation of history -- is home to Kansas City’s Science Center; the new Arvin Gottlieb Planetarium; the Regnier Extreme Screen Theatre; the popular Model Railroad Experience; H&R Block City Stage featuring live theater, and a selection of unique shops and restaurants. Union Station is also home to prominent area civic organizations and businesses, and regularly hosts world-class traveling exhibitions. Awarded “Top Banquet Facilities in KC” by KC Business Journal, the facility regularly hosts community events and private celebrations of all sizes. Visit www.unionstation.org for details. Also, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.